Corporate and Business Law for Successful Business Ownership
We are Dedicated to Helping Florida’s Businesses
Corporate and business law governs the transactions and activities of corporations and dictates the legal rights and responsibilities of a business entity from its formation to its dissolution. Lawyers that are proficient in both corporate and business law are necessary for companies to successfully conduct business. Mateer & Harbert is a large legal firm in Orlando, Florida, that has successfully represented corporations since 1961. The combined experience of our team of attorneys can meet the needs of any corporate entity, as we provide legal advice and guidance in all aspects of business ownership. We will ensure that your company makes sound business decisions that comply with local, state, federal, and international regulations, and we will help you protect your assets in contract disputes.
Examples of Corporate and Business matters that require the Skill of an Experienced Attorney:
- The enforcement of contracts in business to business or business to individual disputes. To proceed in civil disputes, we utilize fact gathering, legal research, and thorough analysis of the contract. Disputes can be challenged and resolved through mediation, arbitration, or courtroom litigation. Risk management procedures in a company are enhanced by having an attorney draft or review the documents to minimize the risk of lawsuits.
- The choosing of the appropriate business structure is of paramount importance in the formation of a new business, as it can impact the tax structure, personal liability, and the ability to raise money. Based on your business goals, we can counsel you regarding the pros and cons of various business structures. The drafting or review of a business plan that meets the objectives of your business to present to investors. Advice and the drafting of intellectual property contracts that will safeguard your rights to retain ownership of your patent, copyright, or trademark.
- The oversight, review, or drafting of employee documents, to include current federal and state tax withholding documents, non-compete agreements, intellectual property assignment agreements, employee handbooks, and health and pension records.
- The drafting of contracts for the sale, exchange, or distribution of goods and services that conforms to state, federal, and international laws.
- Applications for licensing, registrations, or permits required for a business to be in compliance with local laws and ordinances.
- Due diligence and negotiations for mergers and acquisitions, by evaluating a company’s financial statements, real estate, intellectual property agreements, and any pending litigation.
- Clear and unambiguous contracts that reflect the duties and responsibilities of corporate officers, shareholders, partnerships, and administrative staff.
Mateer & Harbert holds an AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell Lawyer rating, which is the highest rating of professional excellence and a testimony to our legal abilities and ethical standards. We are a full-service law firm that is client-focused and results-driven. We address a wide range of legal issues at the state and federal levels, with a history of innovative solutions and successful claim resolutions. We are passionate about corporate and business law and we want to see you succeed. Call our Orlando, Florida office at 407-425-9044 to meet with one of our attorneys to discuss your business challenges and goals.